Also, see on https://eileenmoynihan.wordpress.com/kids-and-teens-fan-club/
Life is full of changes. Having a new baby in the family, starting school, going to a new school, moving house, a loved one dying, growing up, your parents or a friend’s parents splitting up, are some of the many changes you might experience. You might think these changes are scary or exciting depending on your personality and how these changes affect you.
All families are different and sometimes families don’t manage to cope as well as other families but families of people who are related, a ‘family’ of friends and people who love us can help us deal with change.
A Family Is Like A Circle © Nicole M. O'Neil Published: February 2006 A family is like a circle. The connection never ends, and even if at times it breaks, in time it always mends. A family is like the stars. Somehow they're always there. Families are those who help, who support and always care. A family is like a book. The ending's never clear, but through the pages of the book, their love is always near. A family is many things. With endless words that show who they are and what they do and how they teach you so you know. But don't be weary if it's broken or if through time it's been so worn. Families are like that - they're split up and always torn. But even if this happens, your family will always be. They help define just who you are and will be a part of you eternally. https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/a-family-is-like-a-circle
Things To Help You Deal With Change
- Don’t worry by yourself. Talk to your parents/ a teacher/ a friend
- Write or draw a list of the bad and good things you think could happen and talk about them with someone.
- Listen to what others tell you and decide if their advice is helpful or not.
- Get books about the thing you are worried about
- Draw a ladder with a goal to help you meet the change on each step and climb that ladder at your own pace. Reward yourself when you achieve each goal.
2 thoughts on “Change 2: Change Can Be Scary But It Can Be Exciting Too!”