See https://eileenmoynihan.wordpress.com/kids-and-teens-fan-club/ as well.
Daddies come in all shapes and sizes, Do their best to love and guide us; Loved us from the day we were born. And love us until they're old and worn. They make mistakes as people do But I know, they'll always love you. So remember them in a special way, And treat them well on Father's Day. By Eileen Moynihan
Interesting Facts About Father’s Day
- Father’s Day in Ireland is celebrated on the third Sunday in June. Ireland, the USA and the UK celebrate Father’s Day on the same day. This is the most common day to celebrate Father’s Day, with France, Canada, South Africa, Greece, China, Netherlands, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan and many others marking the day. But many other countries celebrate it on different days.
- In Ireland and many countries there is a connection with St.Joseph whose feast day is March 19th. This was because St. Joseph was like a foster father to Jesus as he was married to Jesus’s mother Mary.
- Some people say it was started by Grace Golden Clayton from West Virginia U.S.A., who suggested celebrating the day in 1908. She apparently put the suggestion forward after a mine explosion in a nearby town killed more than 360 men – the idea being it was a day for children to remember their fathers.
- Others say it began with Sonora Dodd, from Washington, who came up with the idea after hearing the Mother’s Day sermon in 1910 and thinking (not without good reason) why the dads didn’t have their own day too. She and her siblings had been raised by their father after their mum died in childbirth.
- Information gathered from :https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/fathers-day-2021-ireland-celebrate-24141681
Make Your Own Father’s Day Card
If you click on this link it will take you to a blog with a free printable card to make for Father’s Day http://info.melissaanddoug.com/documents/Product%20Information/Blog/free-printable-Fathers-Day-card.pdf and it will look like this.