In my last post for kids and teens there was an art and poetry competition. The deadline was for today Monday 17th June. I have decided to give you more time to get those entries in, so the next deadline is Monday 14th September. The winner of each category will win a free copy of my new book, A Posy Of Wild Flowers.
Here is the link to that competition https://eileenmoynihan.wordpress.com/2020/07/20/kids-and-teens-fan-club/
BONUS FOR ALL THOSE THAT ENTER! A free download of my bluebell poem and a beautiful illustration to go with it, originally painted by my sister, Angela Corkery.
Guidelines For Writing Poetry
- Study something that interests you or moves you.
- Write down lines of descriptions.
- Write down what feelings you have.
- Take parts of what you have written down to start forming a poem.
- Think about what you are trying to express to someone else.
- If you want to rhyme and you enjoy rhyme… do it.
- If you find rhyme hard and don’t want to rhyme… don’t do it.
- Read as many different poems as you can to get a feel for poetry